Welcome to Craig & Heidt, Inc.

Craig & Heidt, Inc. is a general and industrial contractor located in Houston, Texas and has been in business for over 70 years.

Craig & Heidt is privately owned and was started in the late 1940’s by J.C. Kingsbery.  Charles Craig joined the company as a partner in 1959.  The company was incorporated as Craig & Heidt in 1973.

Craig & Heidt, Inc. offers a broad scope of industrial petrochemical construction, and commercial services and has constructed major projects, such as site preparation, concrete foundations and paving, drainage construction.

Since the conception in 1940, we have developed a core group of construction specialist dedicated to safety, quality, and the production standards that clients expect.

Dedicated, and committed employees, coupled with the continuous improvement of training provided to them, produces pride and commitment to our clients and our work.

Craig & Heidt, Inc. is a general contractor performing 90% of total annual work in petrochemical refineries, with the remaining 10% performed in commercial and public construction. We have procured major projects such as site preparation, concrete paving, and structural revamping. Our experience includes complete site preparation, demolition, concrete foundations and paving, tank foundations, sump construction, concrete and clay containment and much more.

ABC 2018 Board Member of the Year


Craig & Heidt is pleased to announced that Mr. Sam Craig, President was named the 2018 Board Member of the Year.

Craig & Heidt, Inc. Recognized at ABC’s 2019 Excellence in Construction Awards

HOUSTON – On October 17, Associated Builders and Contractors of Greater Houston (ABC) recognized Craig & Heidt, Inc. for the LyondellBasell-Channelview Complex at the Excellence in Construction Awards (EIC), which showcased forty projects built by ABC Greater Houston members that were rigorously judged on an array of criteria. This event, established in 2000, recognizes outstanding projects in the commercial and industrial construction industry.

Craig & Heidt, Inc. had the opportunity to enter the annual competition and was judged on safety, quality, ingenuity, and workmanship. The project was evaluated by local owners, architects, and engineers on safety, execution of design, craftmanship, attention to detail, installation, and other considerations. The company was awarded the ICE Award and is considered among the best of merit shop construction.

Craig & Heidt was contracted to perform the earthwork, grading storm drainage and paving for Channelview Chemical Plant Complex, which consists of two sites totaling about 3,900 acres. The objective of the project was to provide maintenance and small capital construction services.

ABC members are renowned for their dedication to safety and excellence in the construction field, and the awards program demonstrated that commitment.

To learn more about ABC Greater Houston, please visit our website at www.abchouston.org.

Associations & Certifications

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.